This week’s progress

This week I worked more on the koi pond pattern. I worked on the stitching for the lily pads. I also noticed that it was hard to satin stitch the lily pad shape around the details on it.

I used a French knot to create the center of the flower, and surprisingly, it did turn out pretty good.
lily pads
Overview of the whole project

Earlier, I tried the embroider one of the koi, but it looked funky, so I removed the stitches. I will try again, but I think that I should do the fins and tail separately.

Later, I got tired of working on this pattern so I switched back to the floral design, because I have commitment issues. I worked on the two other woven wheels. I found that it was a lot quicker and looked better while using 6 strands of floss. Most other designs only use 3 strands.

In addition to that I also contacted another expert on Instagram: an Edmonton based artist named Muriel Mapa going by the username “nakedandfrayed” on Instagram. I asked her for some tips for a beginner embroiderer.

She told me to use a kit, which I’m already doing, but I will try watching some videos on YouTube as well.

I want to finish at least one of these projects for the presentation. I also need to start a slideshow.