This time…

I didn’t have too much time to bake anything, so I decided to try baking some cinnamon bun cookies.

Here is the recipe link: https://www.iheartnaptime.net/cinnamon-roll-sugar-cookies/

Actually, I was pretty surprised that the recipe took a lot longer than I expected it to be. I had to chill the dough in the fridge for 30 minutes.

The dough was a lot thicker than some other cookie recipes I baked in the past.

Ingredients in the bowl before mixing

After mixing the ingredients together it was time to put the dough into the fridge to chill for half an hour.

Time to go into the fridge

While the dough chilled, I decided to make the cream cheese icing that the cookie dough recipe came with. I decided to halve the icing recipe so that some of the cookies aren’t as sweet for middle aged people, like my mom.

For the icing, I used cream cheese, butter, icing sugar , vanilla extract, and some milk. While I was making the icing, I decided to try some and it was very tasty.

a tiny amount of icing in a large bowl

After the dough finished baking, I left them on a cooling rack to cool down. After that, I finished icing them. Since I couldn’t find any piping bags I decided to use a Ziploc bag with a hole cut in the corner.

Cookies without icing
Iced cookies

I think I did pretty good on this recipe, because the cookies tasted and looked not too bad. As you can see, I don’t have much expertise using icing due to a lack of experience. The icing was wonderful, but the cookies were kind of dense and I think the cookies could’ve used more cinnamon in them. I also forgot to sprinkle cinnamon over the fresh icing, so that might have something to do with it. In conclusion, I think this recipe was pretty sucessful, yet it was kind of time consuming.

One thought on “This time…

1. Good use of evidence and reflection. What did you learn about working with icing? (And did you just insult middle-aged people?!)